[5 Benefits of Living in the Halls]
By: Riddhi SUKHIA (Jockey Club Academy Hall)
Image: FONG Wan Ka, Kelvin (Sir Gordon and Lady Ivy Wu Hall)
Are you a new international student at CityU looking for a place to stay? Or just a local student yearning for something refreshing and exciting in your life rather than living with your parents? The Student Residence provides to all these desires and more. Here’s a few reasons why you should consider the halls during your time at CityU:
- Experience Something New & Challenging: Living in the hall will give you a totally new and unforgettable experience. Yet, it is also challenging. Learning to adapt, work with others, and take responsibility are key to having a happy hall life.
- Make New Friends: In the halls there is a chance to meet people from all over the world. Make new friends, enjoy different food, or learn a new language together!
- Be Independent & Self-sufficient: This is your chance to be independent, make your own decisions, and live according to your (and the halls’) rules. No more parents to help you!
- Be Close To the Campus: The Student Residence at Cornwall Street is just about 10-15mins away from AC-1. No more waiting restlessly for the MTR or bus and wasting time and money on travel. Also, amenities like the library or gym are easily reachable.
- Join Hall Celebrations and Competitions: Halls also provide opportunities to hone your skills, and compete with other halls in competitions like athletic, aquatic, music, etc. Fight for your hall, enjoy the team spirit, celebrate global festivals, or just cheer for your team. Hall life is never dull. Enjoy the hall amenities and culture to the fullest while growing and learning endlessly!
文: Riddhi SUKHIA (賽馬會群智堂)
譯: 段延麟 (賽馬會群智堂)
圖: 方雲嘉 (胡應湘爵士伉儷堂)