By: CHIANG Man Ying, Michelle (Hall 10)
Everyone is so hyped about this. It has been four years, and we have been patiently waiting. If you are an avid fan of Olympic Games like me, and want to get involved in the games in Rio 2016, then here are five ways for you to pretend you are in Rio, when the fact that you are not.
- Pretend you are not in Hong Kong.Give your room a makeover to give your room the perfect scents of summer. Dress like a Brazilian, for example in vibrant colors, or in yellow and green – their national flag’s color. So basically, what you do here is to convince yourself that you are not in Hong Kong.
- Take photos of yourself playing sports.Tennis, Badminton, Volleyball, Swimming, Basketball, Cycling, Archery, Fencing, Golf, Gymnastics, Handball, Judo and etc… there are too many to name. Just go practice the sports you play, and take photos of yourself playing.
- Learn Portuguese.And to pretend that you are in Rio, you should learn a few sentences of Portuguese, the official language in Brazil. So after taking the photos of you playing sports, it is time for you to post them on social media such as Facebook, Instagram or Weibo – with captions written in Portuguese.
- Make sure your TV / online network is available.Reserve the common room TV if you need to, or make sure you have a stable network to stream the Olympics live. You don’t want any unexpected events ruin the games.
- Gather with your friends.Nothing is better than watching your favourite game and chilling out with your friends. Grab some snacks and drinks, and enjoy the time chanting for the team you love, and shouting out to the television with your best buddies.
The above are just some lame excuses for you to pretend you are in Rio. Even though they are lame, they save you from a HKD 10,000 worth round trip tickets to Rio de Janeiro… J
文: 蔣敏瑩 (舍堂十)
譯: 張凱貽 (學生宿舍處)